The Nivloc was first discovered in the early 1900s and worked on a small basis by Mr. Colvin (Nivloc spelled backward). In 1937, Desert Silver, Inc. built a 200-ton mill here and worked the mine until 1943. These were the peak years for the mine and during this time it was Nevada’s largest silver producer with 4.6 million ounces of silver and 18,000 oz of gold.