In 1867, the La Plata Company moved a
The ores were inconsistent however and the mill closed in 1869. The mill and mines operated intermittently in the following years and fell idle for the last time in 1915. It was sold to the Round Mountain Mining Company in 1920 and most of the equipment was removed. Today, the outer masonry shell of the mill still stands at the entrance to Park Canyon and makes an interesting place to visit and camp.
Last Modified on by