There isn’t too much known about the Crescent Mill or the Rosey mine.
This part of Nevada first boomed in early 1865 when promising silver deposits
One of the early mines was the List mine. (Which would later become the Rosey mine.) The mine didn’t produce much until 1867 when the silver ore was running at $80 per ton. By the next year, The Alameda and Crescent Mining Company was working the mine and had extracted around $20,000 of silver. Ore was milled at the List Mill (also called the Crescent.) The mill was built near Crescent (Hetfieldt’s) spring in 1867 as a five stamp. By 1868, it was expanded to a ten stamp mill. Interestingly, it was also reported that there were four roasting furnaces here at this time. Minor production continued until 1871 when rich strikes in Pioche lured the miners away.
In 1925, a man by the name of Rosario Arcuri staked claims on the old List mine and it was renamed the Rosey.
Today, the old brick chimney of the smelter is all that remains of the lonely mining camp of Crescent. The site is inside of the newly created Basin and Range National Monument.