Millspaugh was a small family mining camp settled in the late 1890s. According to the writings of Elizabeth Mecham the first mill burned in 1902 and was quickly rebuilt with metal siding. Most of the buildings were hauled off in 1914.
These days, the site is deep within China Lake Naval Weapon Center. We had permission to be here. Please don’t enter without permission.
Thanks to Jon Anderson for the updated information.
Last Updated on August 4, 2020 by Guy Starbuck